Norma Skemp Recruitment is dedicated to helping candidates find their next role and clients find their next key hire. Our primary objective is to maintain outstanding levels of service for our candidate and client base whilst providing a first class recruitment service.
Norma Skemp Recruitment Limited is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Controller
Norma Skemp Recruitment is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our services and when registering as a client or candidate.
Type of Data we collect
Norma Skemp Recruitment Limited may collect your sensitive personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about roles or make enquiries about our services, or submit your c.v. by email or online to us. We also gather information when you register in person with us.
What we use your information for
First and foremost, we use the data you have supplied to help to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: –
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in or to ensure our records are accurate.
- To ascertain suitability for roles we are recruiting for.
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or for you to receive information regarding roles which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Where you have consented, we may contact you for marketing purposes. Where we do so you will be able to unsubscribe at any time from receiving any further communications from us.
When do we share your information with a third party?
We may disclose your personal information if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers would be one of the transferred assets.
- Where we have retained a third party to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Norma Skemp Recruitment Limited.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Norma Skemp Recruitment Limited.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data for a period of up to six years after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within our website linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on any other websites you are directed to.
Your rights to your information
Where Norma Skemp Recruitment Limited is the data controller you are entitled to the following, subject to some legal exemptions: –
- request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place restrictions on us processing your data
- to object to processing
You can withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may limit the services we are able to supply you.
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you would like a copy please submit your request in writing to: – Data Controller, Norma Skemp Recruitment Limited, 326, Linen Hall, 162-168 Regent Street, London W1B 5TF