This well established and successful private school based in Central London is looking for a dynamic, social, well connected and exceptional communicator to be their Alumnae and Events Officer, working as part of the External Relations Department, reporting directly to the Principal.
As their Alumnae and Events Officer you will be responsible for:
- event planning and organisation, including the designing, planning, arranging and execution of the annual programme of events.
- Write copy for the Alumnae and all social media.
- Oversee and publicise the Awards Scheme with the Principal.
- Send invites, write letters and supply financial reports.
- Proactively connect with old and new Alumnae.
- Liaise with the Careers Team re events.
- Represent the school at both internal and external meetings.
- Manage existing relationships with donors and seek new re fundraising.
This role is extremely varied as you are an integral part of the school, therefore you will need to be able to demonstrate you have:
- A warm, engaging personality who enjoys engaging and talking to people and building relationships.
- A curious, hardworking and highly organised attitude to your work, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent social media skills and strong computer literacy.
- The desire and capability to take ownership of your events and bring them in on time and budget, without direct supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including diplomacy, as well as an excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to adapt your style effectively for different audience needs.
- The ability to empathise with the independent school sector ethos and the flexibility to work calmly and reliably in a busy school.
- The desire to work in both a team environment and independently, with energy, initiative and a cheerful enthusiasm for developing the role.
The hours are 8.30am – 5pm. You may be expected on some rare occasions to be available for work at weekends and in the evenings.
This truly is a fabulous role and School to work for and not to be missed!!
Norma Skemp Recruitment thanks you for your application and we look forward to speaking to you. However, we regret that they will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
If you are already registered with Norma Skemp, please do not hesitate to contact your consultant directly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.